grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>, Tom Barton <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Hello from Duke
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:46:12 +0100

--On 10 July 2007 09:01 -0400 Shilen Patel

After taking a quick look at the UI code, I believe the multiple LDAP
query problem (where the number of queries per subject is greater than 2)
is caused by the sorting in
SubjectComparatorHelper.getComparisonString(). If comparator.sort.limit
is larger than the size of the group, there will be more than 2 queries
per subject. Is this an expected behavior?
The sort code 'queries' the subject instances for attribute values to build a sort string. It will do this as many times as it needs to in order to complete a sort (I use the standard Java Collections.sort). In principle I could cache the sort string, however, I would have expected that the Subject instance would do so to avoid repeat trips to a backend repository.

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing