ecas - Re: [ecas] ECAS Phase II proposal submission guidelines

Subject: ECAS Exploring Clouds for Acceleration of Science

Re: [ecas] ECAS Phase II proposal submission guidelines

  • From: James Sunderland <>
  • To: Nili Tannenbaum <>, "Aliaga, Daniel G" <>, "'Miller, Mark'" <>, "" <>
  • Cc: Jamie Sunderland <>
  • Subject: Re: [ecas] ECAS Phase II proposal submission guidelines
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 14:12:21 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=sunderland.net.au; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=sunderland.net.au; dkim=pass header.d=sunderland.net.au; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=mjQnf0Ja6UUn+08hlQEHEhvEsEjiE9bA3W5WteBbAxM=; b=nst2EC1QbCOzZK9uNDq7aJtyfzIMWjzhEepXEwjvI95OW9VtyTnO3WCBiQMOmNOAvZB4uvrA8vscX0+N4/r0UqDQ96deG7mI+BlpWf9QFHZPe0JTGPOtmuviHgpwwEM5uq3M8YCWH6eyX5j8iAI6qUcoByzT2PSpPwBu0KmYL5IIC1iiPnNroS1wWOWq1wqBCpDVw/bqSgQI+jNNjbL7AB0+eUI8EsLXwfgMTHPNaCCuwzi41IWs/SGWcNbTBtPLu4QDYeI4w0T4nFzyxUXiShG1cUXR9JxOUCVutlB3DHi86UD/2CO5sffzAOypV4bT8N5g6YoKTMQTQIE7LSj+kw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=AkTO3ay814gpxVaBL/+HpNrCCChN2SIvsgkuQsDCwgQY39C4aLS7BQwG+Q2b5/DapVEd8IJPWYt+BUmDSLG5IuHEloyq9j/O9bc68T56ODYxIX2tNwusH8S3pYyGSQDhIVCncU/J4oNqDfH5ezBqbrr/5WTrqasuNi4Ik21tkop6Ff1n11g9kWh1AA8HwKmbBb3xovNZaH6E/haOpLMxfzVJiKKfYBYyEgbGxAEsvf+Du43DhrsZvF9S5l8Ltv1bCEcvNgdlkQW0/W1BF5uGmiRurt4bTIuJBvC3jhs1CwoHxncvgb9jb8r1oG1rVAZ3ttIcxmquSDlUJRTRM/Xo3Q==

Hi all,

Sorry yes to follow-up, I did say to at least one team (so now repeating for all) that while I originally said 2 pages for CVs/Biosketches, I realized that it can sometimes be 2 pages just for a single person in NSF format – so therefore I think you can consider biosketches being in addition to the recommended 10-12 pages total.

While I have given guidance on what should be included and approximate lengths – we are not going to be strict about exact page lengths ..etc – it’s better that you focus on the quality of the content rather than the word count.  Just don’t send us 20 pages of 8 point text, that won’t work in your favor. 😉

Thanks, Jamie.