wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Sakai and BuddyCloud

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Sakai and BuddyCloud

  • From: Simon Tennant <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Sakai and BuddyCloud
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:06:08 +0100

Hi Jesse.

(Just read the archives and saw this post on the bc profit model)

buddycloud's profit model is similar to WordPress: make useful open source software that helps users share. And provide a hosted option.

Simultaneously we help lead open social protocol standardization work.

To be really relevant and support our work we then help bring open social network concepts to non-technical users with a simple hosted option. A-la "buddycloud on your domain" for small organisations and individuals.

S.

Ah, I see. I'm playing around with the beta now. Pretty neat. What is BuddyCloud's profit model?

Jesse