wg-pic - RE: [wg-pic] Sakai and BuddyCloud

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

RE: [wg-pic] Sakai and BuddyCloud

  • From: "Callahan, Tim" <>
  • To: "" <>, Jesse Thompson <>
  • Cc: Peter Saint-Andre <>
  • Subject: RE: [wg-pic] Sakai and BuddyCloud
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:16:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

We talked about the need for "more than 1" to try out federation, so this is
great to see. I also think Mark's ideas are a good fit with the
charter/direction of our group, and it would be great if we could collaborate
on a proof-of-concept for federated activity streams.

Jesse, you may be interested: We also discussed BuddyCloud combined with
Google+. At some point in the future, a conference call with both BuddyCloud
and Justin Uberti(Google) may be interesting and fruitful.

In theory, we can also deploy BuddyCloud on our Internet2 XMPP server. In
practice, we'll need some volunteers from the group to set it up and run it.
So, if anyone wants to try federation with Mark and Jesse, we have the
technical resources if you have the time.
-Tim