wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Sizing of Spring I2MM jabber server

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Sizing of Spring I2MM jabber server

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Sizing of Spring I2MM jabber server
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:33:35 -0700

Callahan, Timothy wrote:
* various other services I haven't thought of.
What would it take to support Jingle? How hardware demanding is it?
-Tim

Jingle is client-to-client signalling protocol. The server just routes Jingle traffic from one endpoint to another and the media goes peer to peer. If the server runs a media relay, the would be extra load on the server, but that's not necessary (depending on your network topology etc.).

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/