wg-multicast - Re: Whither multicast?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Whither multicast?

  • From: "Gurcharan S. Khanna" <>
  • To: Mark Boolootian <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>,
  • Subject: Re: Whither multicast?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:20:50 -0500

hi,

regarding multicast sources and its uses, i have been building up the RIT
Global Collaboration
Grid based on primary multicast sources. i have about a dozen mulitcast
streams, some at full
HD and 20 Mbps going 24/7 within the 233.17.33.xxx range. these are being
received
on-campus at a dozen sites and also at our foreign campuses via multicast
bridges at the moment.
we use the same system for events, such as lectures, demos, classes, etc. as
required.

fyi,

-gurcharan

http://rc.rit.edu/collab.html