wg-multicast - Re: 8-port managed switches with IGMP capability?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: 8-port managed switches with IGMP capability?

  • From: Brian Fitzgerald <>
  • To: David Farmer <>, Dan Pritts <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: 8-port managed switches with IGMP capability?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:21:38 -0800

We use the 2960-8TC-L (8x10/100, 1x1G copper/SFP dual use) and the
2960G-8TC-L (7x10/100/1000, 1x1G copper/SFP dual use). They are both use
the same code as their larger 2960 brothers, and appear to have the same
hardware features. They have been pretty stable in some cruddy
environments, and, if you don't need the SFP, the 2960-8 (non-G) can be PoE
powered from it's 1G uplink port. They are fairly cheap as well (at least
as Cisco kit goes...)

Brian

Brian Fitzgerald
Sr. Network & Security Admin.