wg-multicast - Re: Would like a multicast reception test please

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Would like a multicast reception test please

  • From: Frank Fulchiero <>
  • To: wg-multicast Working Group <>
  • Subject: Re: Would like a multicast reception test please
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:08:42 -0400

On Oct 26, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Frank Fulchiero wrote:

On another note, I see our SAPs on older versions of VLC (0.8.6c) but not newer versions (1.0.2).
This is both from our Visionary Solutions AVN200 and our beta EasySAPAnnouncer 0.2.
I see 5 AVN200 SAPs in 0.8.6c and only 2 AVNs in 1.0.2.
We are running firmware 2.04, latest is 2.10, so we probably need to update the AVN.

I have read that the new VLC is a lot fussier regarding proper syntax in SAPs.

Yes, I've read all the lectures about SAPs, but still interested in using them.

Just a clarification on EasySAPAnnouncer
http://nutmeg.conncoll.edu/wiki/index.php/ESA

It is very likely that this is not the source of being unable to detect SAPs in the new VLC.
The SAPs from ESA are created from SDP files, in our test cases from QT Broadcaster and relays in QTSS.

If the SDP files are malformed, then "legal" SAPs could probably not be created.

A while ago I noted that the Wirecast SDP files were malformed....after a couple of syntax changes they worked fine.

Never had a chance to contact them though..
Time for a bit more detective work.

Thanks,
Frank