wg-multicast - Re: Inauguration Day Stream(s)

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Inauguration Day Stream(s)

  • From: Chris Robb <>
  • To: "Tim Rue" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Inauguration Day Stream(s)
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:41:31 -0500

C-Span provides live unicast streams on their website. They are an Internet2 Participant via the Indiana Gigapop, so that would be another vector. I imagine there will be several other unicast streams from CPS-reachable sources.

-Chris

On Jan 16, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Tim Rue wrote:

Does anyone know if any other multicast or unicast sources for the Inauguration over Internet2?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Bill Owens <> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:08:37PM -0500, Alan Crosswell wrote:
> Isn't it going to be on C-SPAN? Is Northwestern still streaming that?
>
> Lonnie Leger wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know of multicast source(s) scheduled to send a stream of the
> > Inauguration?

Yes and yes, but one caution for anyone wanting to tune in - please, PLEASE don't bother Northwestern if C-SPAN doesn't work for you.

If you have problems, they are almost certainly related to multicast on your network (campus or regional). Northwestern has been hit with a significant number of complaints, some of them quite unreasonable, and in every case it's someone else's breakage. . .

Bill (who doesn't work for Northwestern, and is happy to fix multicast problems for NYSERNet members ;)

Chris Robb, Manager of Operations
Internet2
Office: 812.855.8604
Cell: 812.345.3188
Imagination. Collaboration. Innovation.
May your New Year be filled with Discovery!
http://www.Internet2.edu/NewYear2009/