wg-multicast - RE: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..

  • From: "Tony Ballardie" <>
  • To: "Dan Pritts" <>, "Greg Shepherd" <>
  • Cc: "Pekka Savola" <>, "wg-multicast" <>, "Tom Pusateri" <>
  • Subject: RE: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:17:17 +0100

ASM works provided it's configured properly (like anything else) and you
rate-limit msdp. Unless you're talking about bugs which do break its
correct operation, it's misleading to suggest it doesn't work. That's
NOT to say we shouldn't be moving towards SSM - we definitely SHOULD.

> IMO, Going forward we'll be faced with a choice between SSM and giving
> up on
> interdomain multicast.

It's not time to give up on it.... quite the opposite :-)

Tony