wg-multicast - Re: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..

  • From: Pekka Savola <>
  • To: Greg Shepherd <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>, Tom Pusateri <>
  • Subject: Re: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:26:19 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Greg Shepherd wrote:
We're all aware of the lack of IGMPv3/ssm support in OSX and QT. I'd
would like to gather feedback on where and how this gap is affecting
service offering and deployment in the R&E community.

Can you please send me info about how and where this gap is affecting
you? I can compile the data back to the list if you like. But my
primary object is for lobbying.

I'd be pretty surprised if you get responses. After all, 1) ASM works, and 2) you can still use SSM and get rid of all the IGMPv3 support and transition problems by using SSM-mapping in the first-hop router.

A more interesting SSM query would be who has employed SSM-mapping and why they did so.