wg-multicast - Re: HP to Cisco PIM problem

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: HP to Cisco PIM problem

  • From: Yuri Kolomiyets <>
  • To: Pekka Savola <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: HP to Cisco PIM problem
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:16:22 -0400

Pekka Savola wrote:

Yeah, it seems HP is putting the source in Prune list with RPT bit set. That would be OK if the HP had joined (S,G,spt) tree first. As it hasn't, I can't think of any way to justify that behaviour. Seems like a clear bug in HP.

So, it seems it's basically the same problem (HP thinks it has joined SPT or has active SPT state but doesn't) with SPT switchover enabled or disabled, it's just manifesting in different ways.

Pekka
I've forwarded the link to the thread to the HP support people that are dealing with this case. Hopefully that will help them speed things up.

Thanks all for your help.

--
Yuri Kolomiyets

Network Services