wg-multicast - Re: Simple Streaming Tool Required

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Simple Streaming Tool Required

  • From: Gary Parker <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Simple Streaming Tool Required
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:18:49 +0100

On 15 Jun 2007, at 15:02, David Devereaux-Weber, P.E. wrote:

Why not use Quicktime Broadcaster? It's free, and it can do multicast. We use QT Broadcaster to multicast television on our Digital Academic Television Network <http://datn.wisc.edu/> (click on "About" to learn more). There is also a Quicktime Streaming Server if you want to serve up multiple unicast streams, but Broadcaster does multicast by itself.

Thanks Dave, I already looked into Quicktime Broadcaster and Streaming Server but unfortunately my stream has to be MPEG-2 (although it has recently transpired that AAC /may/ be an option, something I'll look into further).

Gary