wg-multicast - Re: Ballard expedition

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Ballard expedition

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: Frank Fulchiero <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Ballard expedition
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:13:53 -0500

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 09:48:28AM -0500, Frank Fulchiero wrote:
> Opened a third window this way also...
> Thing is, I had to open a new terminal window to do this.
> When you close it, the player it opened disappears.

If you want to avoid that, start the VLC in the background:

computer% /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC &

The ampersand at the end tells the Terminal shell that you want the
application to run by itself, and to give you another prompt back. You can
start additional VLCs the same way, and exit Terminal when you're done.

> Now I need a videowall ;-)

That I can't help you with ;)

Bill.