wg-multicast - Re: PIM on Checkpoing Firewall?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: PIM on Checkpoing Firewall?

  • From: Anibal Vega-Montijo <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , "José G. Conde" <>
  • Subject: Re: PIM on Checkpoing Firewall?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:03:59 -0400

Hi Chris,

We had some experience with a Checkpoint Firewall-1, our solution for multicast was to make a GRE-tunnel from the outside router to the inside router for multicast traffic. The Checkpoint was replaced with a Cisco ASA firewall that supports multicast.

Anibal

Anibal Vega-Montijo
()
Systems Programmer
Center for Information Architecture in Research
Research Centers in Minority Institutions
University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus
(787) 758-2525 ext 2193

Chris Spears wrote:
One of our local EDU's has a Checkpoint Firewall-1. The datasheet claims it supports PIM-SM, but their documentation is somewhat lacking. Also, since these devices are configured in software and pushed out, I don't have access to the configuration utility (on their campus).

Has anyone had experience configuring PIM on a Checkpoint Firewall?

Thanks,
Chris

Device specifics:
Checkpoint Firewall-1