wg-multicast - Re: PIM on Checkpoing Firewall?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: PIM on Checkpoing Firewall?

  • From: Tim Chown <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: PIM on Checkpoing Firewall?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:52:36 +0000

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 02:52:04PM -0500, Chris Spears wrote:
> One of our local EDU's has a Checkpoint Firewall-1. The datasheet
> claims it supports PIM-SM, but their documentation is somewhat lacking.
> Also, since these devices are configured in software and pushed out, I
> don't have access to the configuration utility (on their campus).
>
> Has anyone had experience configuring PIM on a Checkpoint Firewall?

On a related note, we've had issues with IPv4 PIM-SSM and Checkpoint.

We have Checkpoint Secure Platform, but have been told by Checkpoint,
after months of chasing up, that PIM-SSM is not supported. It seems
the source specific joins are not propogated properly. Apparently
they are considering adding to their roadmap. If anyone else has
info on this we'd like to know...

--
Tim