wg-multicast - Re: MC monitoring...

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MC monitoring...

  • From: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <>
  • To:
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: MC monitoring...
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:47:04 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006,

wrote:

I think I may have to write something... just go around the edge and check
the switches to see which groups they have joined sucessfully. That
should not be a bad start for the time being.

Yup. I wrote a bunch of scripts for a mixed environment eons ago, using a combination of perl and Expect. It wasn't real-time and was egregiously clunky, and it was eventually relegated to the "gee-whiz, look what happened hours ago" category. Now that was 6-7 years ago, so things should be better today and maybe the hardware/software is more conducive to home brewed solutions.

wfms