wg-multicast - Re: MC monitoring...

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MC monitoring...

  • From: Peter John Hill <>
  • To:
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: MC monitoring...
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:10:30 -0800

I know of a company that does a lot of multicast.. and their solution is to have a beefy router that can do multicast netflow and have the router joined to all multicast groups. They then export the multicast data to a box for analysis... We are talking an ungodly amount of multicast, and it does work.

Peter Hill
Network Engineer
Amazon.com

On Mar 29, 2006, at 10:59 AM,

wrote:

All,
We have been looking at all sorts of tools to help us monitor
Multicasting traffic on our network. I was wondering what is everyone
else using??

Almost every thing on the web is a bit stale...

Thanks
Anand