wg-multicast - Re: MSDP source-active archive

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MSDP source-active archive

  • From: John Kristoff <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: MSDP source-active archive
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:40:52 -0500

On Fri, 27 May 2005 14:30:43 -0400
"Marshall Eubanks"

> I have 6 hour MSDP dumps (show ip msdp sa-cache) going back to Thu Mar
> 29 00:06:15 2001 (with a few gaps). Data from before the current month
> is archived; it's easy to get a specific date, but getting it all
> would take some effort. Emailed requests are welcomed.

Thanks, I'll email you personally in a bit with a request of some
specific times I'd like to take a look at.

> What I am not sure is what is needed ? The most recent ? The last
> month ? Some distillation of the data ?

Ideally this data would be publicly available on an ftp or similar
archive site for retrieval by anyone without having to bug you in the
future. Any chance of that happening? Additionally, I don't know how
your router is setup, but if it had many MSDP peerings from different
places like route-views does with BGP, that would probably be ideal to
get a wide and as complete/varied view as possible due to filtering,
flaps or other issues.

John