wg-multicast - Re: MSDP source-active archive

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MSDP source-active archive

  • From: "Marshall Eubanks" <>
  • To: John Kristoff <>,
  • Subject: Re: MSDP source-active archive
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:30:43 -0400

On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:08:43 -0500
John Kristoff
> After some recent problems involving our multicast sources I was went
> looking for an archive of MSDP source-actives. I see that at least a
> couple places collect and graphic aggregate MSDP statistics:
>
> <http://www.caida.org/tools/measurement/Mantra/msdp-mon/>
> <http://www.multicasttech.com/status/>
>
> but I did not see an archive of actual group, source and originator
> tuples from individual SAs. Does this exist somewhere that I may have
> missed? I'm thinking of an MSDP version of route-views archive data.

Dear John;

I have 6 hour MSDP dumps (show ip msdp sa-cache) going back to Thu Mar 29
00:06:15 2001 (with a few
gaps). Data from before the current month is archived; it's easy to get a
specific
date, but getting it all would take some effort. Emailed requests are
welcomed.

What I am not sure is what is needed ? The most recent ? The last month ? Some
distillation of the data ?

Regards
Marshall