wg-multicast - RE: Load balancer

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Load balancer

  • From: "Arturo Servin" <>
  • To: "'Jay Young'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Load balancer
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:45:20 -0600

The Cisco CSS-11000 and CSM for the Cat 6500 are very good boxes but
I think they do not support multicast, in fact, if they do, probably is kind
of complex the configuration.

In our old CSS-11000 you can bridge some traffic and still do web
load balancing, the CSM may be work similar, so, if they can bridge, they
should let pass multicast traffic.

I review the Guide configuration for the CSM and I saw something
about IGMP Snooping, so may be there is a probability that this box can do
what you need. If you need the guide mail me, but any way is public in the
CCO.

-as