wg-multicast - Re: MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?

  • From: "Charles R. Anderson" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:30:55 -0400

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:10:29AM -0400, Bill Owens wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:57:59AM -0400, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> > JunOS 6.3 introduces per-source MSDP SA limits.
>
> It is in the docs as far back as 6.0, and our box running the latest
> patched 5.7 also has the command, though it isn't in the docs:

I think the per-source part of it is new:

MSDP per-source active limits You can configure per-source active
limits by including the source prefix/mask statement at the [edit
protocols msdp] and [edit logical-routers logical-router-name
protocols msdp] hierarchy levels. The source address can be any valid
IPv4 prefix. When Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) learns of
a new source via a source-active message received from a peer, it will
choose an active source limit based on a best-match search. The new
show msdp source command provides the status of configured and learned
(dynamic) per-source active source limits. [Multicast, Protocols
Command Reference]