wg-multicast - Re: MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?

  • From: Joel Jaeggli <>
  • To: John Zwiebel <>
  • Cc: "Charles R. Anderson" <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 May 2004, John Zwiebel wrote:

> On May 4, 2004, at 8:40 AM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>
> > so
> > it's entirely possible that the issue is moot.
> >

> It may be moot, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't
> be discussed. :-)
>
> I was under the impression that your use was right until
> about 2 days ago. You want to dismiss the issue, that isn't
> quite the same as it being a moot issue.
>
> moot
>
> \Moot\, a. Subject, or open, to argument or discussion; undecided;
> debatable; mooted.

I was thinking of another definition, that of a doubtful question, becuase
even if there were demonstrable applications people will probably deploy
sa filters anyway. we're free to have as much debate as we like on the
subject of course.

> Your english lesson for today. :^)

A problem which hardly has been mentioned, much less
mooted, in this country. --Sir W. Hamilton.

Joel Jaeggli Unix Consulting

GPG Key Fingerprint: 5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2