wg-multicast - Re: Please filter TCP to 224/4 [was MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?]

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Please filter TCP to 224/4 [was MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?]

  • From: Amel Caldwell <>
  • To: "Charles R. Anderson" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Please filter TCP to 224/4 [was MSDP SA explosion - sasser worm?]
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:31:12 -0700 (Pacific Standard Time)

I have been doing this with ACLs at our borders for a year or so already, this
does not prevent the MSDP SA explosion though.

I think to do this effectively, you would need to do it at the edge via
multicast boundaries and probably through SA filtering as well. In addition
to filtering TCP to 224/4 is it reasonable to filter privileged port ( < 1024)
traffic to 224/4? Do multicast boundaries and SA filters have this
capability?

Amel