wg-multicast - Re: NOBEL Laureates' and Eminent Persons' Lectures from Thailand

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: NOBEL Laureates' and Eminent Persons' Lectures from Thailand

  • From: "Patcharee Basu" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: "Steven G. Huter" <>, <>, "Kanchana Kanchanasut" <>
  • Subject: Re: NOBEL Laureates' and Eminent Persons' Lectures from Thailand
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:10:45 +0700

Dear Folks,

The second lecture in the "Bridges - Dialogues Towards a Culture of Peace:
NOBEL Laureates' and Eminent Persons' Lectures" series is live-multicasted
now. If you're interesting, please visit http://www.dec.ait.ac.th/nobel/ to
join the stream. Questions can be posted to our webboard at
http://www.dec.ait.ac.th/main/webboard/viewforum.php?f=4.

Nov 26(WED), 2003, 14:00 - 16:00 (GMT+7).
"The Role of Science and Technology in the Quest for a World at Peace" by
Prof. Jerome Karle

Prof. Jerome Karle is a Nobel Laureate for Chemistry, the former
Chairman of the Chemistry Section of the United States National Academy
of Sciences and a former Professional Lecturer at the University College
of the University of Maryland.

Born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1918 he attended New York City schools
and graduated from the City College of New York in 1937, the first
recipient of the Caduceus Award for Excellence in Natural Sciences. He
obtained an M.A. degree in Biology in 1938 at Harvard University and
attended the University of Michigan, receiving M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in
Physical Chemistry in 1942 and 1944, respectively.

Prof. Karle's research has been concerned with diffraction theory and
its application to the determination of atomic arrangements in various
states of aggregation. His work in crystal structure analysis was
recognized by the 1985 Nobel Prized for Chemistry. Jerome Karle is a
Fellow of the American Physical Society, a member of the American
Philosophical Society and a former President of the International Union
of Crystallography. One of Prof. Karle's concerns has been the future of
this planet and the need to protect its resources and its population in
a caring way.

Best regards,
Patcharee