wg-multicast - International Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

International Multicast

  • From: Arturo Lev Servin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: International Multicast
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:16:56 -0600

Hi,

We are supposed (Tec de Monterrey, Mexico) to recieve a multicast session from Spain. In Spain they recieve the multicast session with out problem between the Spanish Universitues. In Mexico I can see and recieve the session from Oregon for example, but not from the Spanish.

I suppose that there is not multicast connectivity between Geant and Iris (European and Spainish networks) or between Abilene and Geant.

Any body knows if between Abilene and Geant exist multicast connectivity?

The multicast group they gave me is: (193.146.115.212, 227.142.142.3)

Another thing is that we have asymetric path in unicast. My unicast traffic goes from CUDI (Mexico) to VBNs to Abilene to geant. From Spain they go to Geant to Abilene and then directly to CUDI without passing VBNs. Could be this asymetric path another problem?

Thanks in advance,
-as