wg-multicast - Re: International Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: International Multicast

  • From: Simon Leinen <>
  • To: Peter Lothberg <>
  • Cc: Arturo Lev Servin <>,
  • Subject: Re: International Multicast
  • Date: 18 Nov 2002 17:09:39 +0100

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 8:44:23 PST, Peter Lothberg
<>
said:
> Another way to make multicast work, would be to buy from a comercial
> ISP that has multicast as a service, and that way you can open a
> ticket and have them fix it timely....

Maybe, but in this case the problem seems to be between AS766
(RedIRIS) and AS20965 (GEANT), and AS20965 does provide multicast
routing as a service to AS766, and from my own experience as a
customer of AS20965 there is a good chance the problem would be fixed
if AS766 asked AS20965 to do help.

[To the original poster: if you have trouble coming up with contact
information for RedIRIS or GEANT, please let me know.]

Of course if everybody connected to the same ISP that would tend to
simplify things. But the implication that the operators in question
lack clue or willingness to fix such a problem just because they're
research networks probably isn't justified in this particular case.

Regards,
--
Simon.