wg-multicast - Re: multicast control on switch ports

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: multicast control on switch ports

  • From: Tim Ward <>
  • To: "Roy D. Hockett" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: multicast control on switch ports
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:11:16 -0500

Whew!

Your read of it is the same as mine, Roy. (Good? Bad?...)

Yep, we'd love the same thing now that our 20 channels of TV are running.
We'd like to limit at the network layer to something like 6 Mbps of
multicast out to the student. Perhaps it's time for a feature request
to cisco? The big question would be how much of a hit do the buffers on
the box take when this level is exceeded. Shouldn't be a big deal, though.

Tim

Quoting Roy D. Hockett
():

--
Tim Ward

V 847-467-1449
Associate Director G172 Leverone Hall F 847-467-5690
Telecommunications and Network Services Information Technology
2001 Sheridan Rd Evanston IL 60208-2030 Northwestern University