wg-multicast - Re: question concerning MPEG-2 distribution of student TV station

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: question concerning MPEG-2 distribution of student TV station

  • From: Hank Magnuski <>
  • To: Wilson Dillaway <>
  • Cc: Multicast Working Group <>
  • Subject: Re: question concerning MPEG-2 distribution of student TV station
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:13:06 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Wilson Dillaway wrote:

> Tufts University has not done much with multicast
> so far, but the TUTV student television station, which
> currently broadcasts only over the campus analog cable
> TV network, would like to experiment with MPEG-2
> multicast transmission to all desktops on campus.

You might wish to consider the NCast Telepresenter for this project.

In addition to being able to do simple webcasting, it functions as a
scalable, interactive collaboration device for distance learning
applications.

http://www.ncast.com

Our website has been updated recently with new product information.

MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding/decoding are standard features of the product.
If you need really detailed specs, contact me directly.

Hank