wg-multicast - Re: [slightly off topic] Cisco IOS recommendations...

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [slightly off topic] Cisco IOS recommendations...

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To: Mike McBride <>
  • Cc: Alan Crosswell <>, Matthew Davy <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: [slightly off topic] Cisco IOS recommendations...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:38:42 EDT

> Alan,
>
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Alan Crosswell wrote:
>
> > > We're looking to upgrade one of our 7500's from 12.0S to 12.1T or 12.2T
> > > in order to get some specific features. This is one of our campus
> > > border
> > > routers. I know there were some early versions in 12.1T train with
> > > serious
> > > multicast related bugs (as well as other bugs).
> > >
> > > I'm looking for some recommendations for stable code in the T train.
> > > I'm
> > > getting input from several sources including Cisco, but I thought this
> > > might
> > > be a good group of people to ask since we're probably using similiar
> > > feature
> > > sets.
> > >
> > > Thanks !
> > >
> > > - Matt
> > >

> > 12.2 has BGP bugs. I do not know that they have been fixed yet. mBGP
> > routes were getting inserted into the unicast routing table as unicast
> > routes.
> > /a
>
> That (CSCdp61674 BGP: Multicast prefixes are inserted in IP RIB) was fixed
> in Jan. 2000.
>
> mike

Sorry for the late reply to this, but I was sure you were mistaken.
The bug apparently came back in 12.2(2)T:

Bug Id : CSCdu49076

Headline MBGP prefixes showing up in routing table
Product all Model
Component bgp Duplicate of
Severity 2 Status R
12.2(4)T 12.0(19)ST 12.2(4)
12.2(4)S 12.2(4)PB 12.1(9)E02
Version Found 12.2(2)T Fixed-in Version 12.2(4)T 12.2(4)PI 12.2(4)B
12.2(4)PI 12.1(11) 12.2(4)PB
12.2(4)B
Release Notes

Multicast Border Gateway Protocol (MBGP) prefixes may show up on the IP
routing table. There is no workaround.

My TAC case ID B630053.

/a

  • Re: [slightly off topic] Cisco IOS recommendations..., Alan Crosswell, 10/10/2001