wg-multicast - Things to work on!

Subject: All things related to multicast

Things to work on!

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: Things to work on!
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:51:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, all this response is great!

I think it is awesome that we as an engineering community still have
problems to work on, and I'm even more excited that we are making progress.
While there has been some back-sliding, I suspect thhose folks will re-deploy
as we get our act together with applications. Slowly, but surely.

Yes, it would be nice if there weren't problems, but we are truly in
uncharted teritory here... new services at the network layer and all.

Okay, I'll temper my enthusiam a bit. But, I am really excited that so
many people are posting what needs to be done and are willing to work to do
it. That gives the working group (and volunteers who are willing to take
on active roles in helping run the group... like John Brassil) some real
direction to go in.

-Kevin

  • Things to work on!, Kevin C. Almeroth, 10/03/2001