wg-multicast - Re: AS680 [was: Re: A really odd one. . .]

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: AS680 [was: Re: A really odd one. . .]

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: Simon Leinen <>
  • Cc: Bill Owens <>,
  • Subject: Re: AS680 [was: Re: A really odd one. . .]
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:51:22 -0500

Simon Leinen wrote:

> > Simon Leinen wrote:
> >> The fact that you didn't see any sources from AS680 (and probably
> >> several other European research networks) over the last several
> >> weeks was probably due to a major partitioning of the global MSDP
> >> between Abilene and TEN-155, which was only fixed yesterday.
>
> > Is that why the number of RP's at Dante went up by a factor of 3 ?
>
> > http://sigma.dante.org.uk/stats/mrtg/msdp/data/
>
> Yes.
>
> > BTW, they now show 97 MSDP RP's and we show 86 RP's, so they can see
> > more of the multicast enabled Internet than we can.
>
> Interesting. I don't know where this information comes from, but it
> might point to a problem.
> --
> Simon.

Actually, that is a good question. I have to withdraw my estimate - it is
actually a count
of the RP's with active SA's. I do not know how they count RP's, but I wonder
if they are doing something similar. Our mbgp tables show routes to 321
Autonomous Systems -
shouldn't basically all of those have RP's ?

--
Regards
Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks