wg-multicast - Re: AS680 [was: Re: A really odd one. . .]

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: AS680 [was: Re: A really odd one. . .]

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: Simon Leinen <>
  • Cc: Bill Owens <>,
  • Subject: Re: AS680 [was: Re: A really odd one. . .]
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 11:34:02 -0500

Simon Leinen wrote:

> > That's AS 680. My (occassional) downloads of the MSDP tables show no
> > previous SA's from that AS, so they don't do this that often. Maybe
> > RAMEN has mutated.
>
> AS680 is an AS of G-WiN (DFN), the German research network. This is a
> rather large network with many multicast-enabled universities on it.
> You should certainly see sources from AS680 at any given time.
>
> The fact that you didn't see any sources from AS680 (and probably
> several other European research networks) over the last several weeks
> was probably due to a major partitioning of the global MSDP between
> Abilene and TEN-155, which was only fixed yesterday.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Simon.
> SWITCH (AS559)

Is that why the number of RP's at Dante went up by a factor of 3 ?

http://sigma.dante.org.uk/stats/mrtg/msdp/data/

BTW, they now show 97 MSDP RP's and we show 86 RP's, so they can see more
of the multicast enabled Internet than we can.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc