wg-multicast - RE: Interesting Multicast Content

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Interesting Multicast Content

  • From: "Gemmill, Jill" <>
  • To: "'Greg Shepherd'" <>,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Interesting Multicast Content
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:01:33 -0600

Greg - this is great. I'm receiving it well at UAB, and I find it quite
interesting that I can do so since it is arriving via our commodity ingress.
The main reason I'm happy to see this is (a) I can now say "Yes, there is a
commercial (ie real) market for this" and more importantly (b) our network
folks might be just a *BIT* more interested in managing multicast traffic in
our backbone.