wg-multicast - Re: Interesting Multicast Content

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Interesting Multicast Content

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: Greg Shepherd <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: Interesting Multicast Content
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:55:52 -0500

Dear Greg;

I WAS joking - with, of course, a little edge :)

We get transit from Sprint, vBNS and Infonet-Europe (in Amsterdam). I
believe that most
Abilene sources can get us from AS 1239 or 145. We provide 2 channels
(so far) of erasure protected streaming MP3s; the highest bandwidth is
160 kbps.

Marshall

Greg Shepherd wrote:

> Sorry, I guess I didn't see it that way, but you're right. However, since
> multicast has been BEGGING for compelling content for years, I'd welcome
> any announcement of new content. Can you list what you have available via
> mcast? What's your path to fixw? Does Abilene peer with your mcast transit
> provider? Can I help?
>
> Greg
>
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
>
> > Greg Shepherd wrote:
> > >
> > > Abilene now peers with Sprint at fixw, and Sprint provides native mcast
> > > transit to Yahoo Broadcast. For a sample of the content, see:
> > >
> > > http://www.broadcast.com/broadband/television/fashiontv/
> > >
> > > Yes, that is a 600k stream, stream and it looks great! Oh, the content
> > > is
> > > nice too.
> > >
> > > Greg
> >
> > Hey Greg, I didn't know you could have commercials on this list...
> >

> > Regards
> > Marshall Eubanks

Multicast Technologies, Inc.
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 201