wg-multicast - Re: Cisco IOS 12.0(4)T multicast bug that causes routers to crash

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Cisco IOS 12.0(4)T multicast bug that causes routers to crash

  • From: Tim Ward <>
  • To: Bill Owens <>,
  • Subject: Re: Cisco IOS 12.0(4)T multicast bug that causes routers to crash
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:43:17 -0500

Quoting Bill Owens
():

> Just for my curiosity (since I'm running a higher version of IOS, and
> wouldn't be affected anyway), but is everyone running with 'ip sdr
> listen' on their boxes? I'm wondering why a router would pay any
> attention to the content of session announcements otherwise.

We've ip sdr listen on one interface of each of the boxes. Although it
is transmorgrified into ip sap listen on the msfcs. When bringing up
the links into the multicast cloud it was the easiest way to se that
multicast was actually working.

(I've now shut it off on the core and the two troublesome MSFCs!!)

Tim
--
Tim Ward

V 847-467-1449
Senior Network Engineer G166 Leverone Hall F 847-467-5690
Information Technology Telecommunications and Network Services
Northwestern University 2001 Sheridan Rd Evanston IL 60208-2030

---------- finger

for PGP public key -------------