wg-multicast - Re: 3Com 3300 switch and IGMP Multicast Learning

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: 3Com 3300 switch and IGMP Multicast Learning

  • From: Gordon Rogier <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: 3Com 3300 switch and IGMP Multicast Learning
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:04:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Bill Fenner wrote:
> >again, 0x12 packets work just fine and get to the
> >router, it appears to be type 0x16 sensitive.
>
> Didn't you say that IGMPv2 reports (type 0x16) work after a General Query,
> and only fail after a Group-Specific Query? If they never worked, I'd
> say that the switch just didn't support IGMPv2.

no, actually i would need to clarify that statement. the hosts i am
testing send a type 0x12 host memebership report in response to a General
Query. they only send the type 0x16 membership report in response to a
Group Specific Query.... (*at least that is my best analysis at this
time*) btw, i am analyzing Win2K and WinNT4.0.

:grogier.