sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Call Tomorrow - 7/20

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Call Tomorrow - 7/20

  • From: Duane <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Call Tomorrow - 7/20
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:23:34 -0400

Candace Holman wrote:
By SPF you mean Sender Policy Framework, via DNS txt records? If you can attend the call tomorrow, it might be worthwhile to discuss how deployable this framework might be in conjunction with an open source SIP server. It looks like someone proposed it and Jiri and Jan discussed it on SER archives a few years ago, starting here: http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev/2004-February/001387.html

I'll try to make it tomorrow.

As for the SPF it could easily work the same way as NAPTR lookups do, the frame work is technically in place, and we (e164.org) could easily extend our infrastructure to add either TXT records or SPF (dns type 99) records to our system.

--

Best regards,
Duane