sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Kerberos based authentication for SIP

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Kerberos based authentication for SIP

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Kerberos based authentication for SIP
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:37:13 -0500

Hi,

I'm not sure why Kerberos fell by the wayside, but there exists already an expired IETF draft from 2003: http://www.iptel.org/ietf/allsipdir/draft-wagle-sip-kerbpki-00.txt You may be able to contact the author for more info.

Interestingly, Google turns up a European Microsoft patent from 2002 for a Kerberized system:
http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?IDX=EP1267548&QPN=EP1267548

Candace

Timothy P Shortall wrote:

Hello Prashant,

We are currently in the middle of a VOIP RFP. I personally support the routing and switching for UMD, but understand that we are currently looking seriously at Kerberos as well so your suggestion is very good.

/Regards,/

/ /

/Timothy P. Shortall/

/Sr. Network Engineer/

/University/ of Maryland

/Networking & Telecommunications Services/

/301.405.2994/