sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Cisco gateway not handling REFER correctly? [SOLVED]

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Cisco gateway not handling REFER correctly? [SOLVED]

  • From: Steve Blair <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Cisco gateway not handling REFER correctly? [SOLVED]
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:01:00 -0500

Nimal Ratnayake wrote:

Steve,

It turns out that the problem was that I had not added "application session" on
the corresponding POTS dial peer. After adding that everything works fine.

I can appreciate why that command caused problems. Maybe we should
put that comand in the cookbok. I'm glag the problem was resolved.

-Steve

Thanks.

Nimal R.

Nimal Ratnayake wrote:

Apologies for duplicates. previously posted on
.

---------

Hi,

When a call between a SIP phone and a PBX extension is transfered
by the SIP phone to another SIP phone, the SIP gateway does not
seem to handle the REFER correctly. I am using a Cisco 3640 router
running IOS 12.3(12). The call flow is as shown below ( I have
omitted the proxy in this picture)

SIP PBX-GW
IP=A.B.C.D IP=P.Q.R.S
1602 3423

-------------INVITE--------------->
<------------TRYING----------------
<------SESSION PROGRESS------------
<--------------OK------------------
--------------ACK----------------->
----INVITE c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0------->
<-----OK c=IN IP4 P.Q.R.S----------
-------REFER Refer-To: 1600------->

Shouldn't the gateway do an invite to 1600 after receiving REFER
*before* sending NOTIFY?

Any help or pointers to solve the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nimal Ratnayake