shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] tags, new login page

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] tags, new login page

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] tags, new login page
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:16:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 5/4/11 10:12 AM, "Tom Scavo"
>Right, so this highlights comments made over in the OASIS SAML lists.
>It's not clear why width and height attributes are required on the
><mdui:Logo> element. I suppose it's so that software can find a
>specific logo based on size, but this technique is fraught with
>difficulty. Is there a better way to mark logos intended for specific
>purposes? (I can't think of one.)

I don't see how a bug in the taglib has anything to do with the need to
identify logo sizes in the metadata. We're never going to agree on fixed
sizes to use, so the information needs to be there.

I can't speak for Rod, but the obvious thing to me is to calculate a
requested aspect ratio, and find the closest match. Having the sizes in
the metadata is critical to being able to do that.