shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] OnDemand MetadataProvider

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] OnDemand MetadataProvider

  • From: Patrik Schnellmann <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] OnDemand MetadataProvider
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:33:52 +0100

On 06.01.11 10:17, Halm Reusser wrote:
We are developing and deploying a virtual organization platform. A
requirement is that the IdPs of the users are as fast as possible aware
of new virtual organizations (in metadata).

So the effective time is metadata publication time of the VO platform
and the refresh time of the IdP, which is in our current setup 2h in
worst case.
For your case I would publish a seperate metadata file that is polled with a high frequency. This allows settings in the Metadata Provider specific for the VO platform metadata. It also addresses the fact that the VO metadata is expected to change more frequently than the federation metadata. Then, the VO entries wouldn't unnecessarily blow up the federation metadata file.

--
Patrik