shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] The moderately shrinking config

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] The moderately shrinking config

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] The moderately shrinking config
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:01:15 -0400

> We use apache config exclusively. Except on IIS of course.

That's been my general impression. The original thought was that using the
XML would make an application/SP deployment portable across web servers. But
in practice, people don't switch that very often, and the settings that tend
to be in the RequestMap are usually not that extensive.

There are exceptions, I'm sure, and the XML can always be added back for
those cases.

I didn't mention it, but there's a separate file that will be added to the
installation now called example-shibboleth2.xml that has all of the old
settings and defaults included. So it can be used instead, or people can
copy elements from it.