shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] The moderately shrinking config

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] The moderately shrinking config

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] The moderately shrinking config
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:50:40 -0700 (PDT)

We use apache config exclusively. Except on IIS of course.

Jim

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:45:56 -0700
From: Scott Cantor
<>
To:
""

<>

<>

Is there a reason you want to discourage use of RequestMap? I can
understand
keeping its config separate, but is discouraging it just because you
figure
more people understand Apache config, or some deeper reason?

I think Apache's more flexible, and it's safer because people have a
tendency to ignore the requirements for using canonical naming (and those
requirements cause problems for deployments that use a lot of aliases).