shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Initial proposal on simplifying SP config

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Initial proposal on simplifying SP config

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Initial proposal on simplifying SP config
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:17:45 -0400

I don't know, I don't mean to be all pessimistic but I'm not sure how much of the problem is really the format. I've worked on some projects, some very recently, that had INI or INI-like configuration files and honestly people didn't seem any more capable of configuring the system. The questions were all in the same vein as we see on the Shib list. So I worry a bit that we might put a fair amount of effort in to simplifying our configs and get less gain than we had hoped.