shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Attribute Resolver Work

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Attribute Resolver Work

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Attribute Resolver Work
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:04:40 -0400

Executing a native command is possible (Java has exec support), though my past experience (about a year ago) has shown that it's really very slow.

I think the hard part would be coming up with a way to express what sorts of arguments you wanted to pass the script, that is, how would you create the argument and interpolate the attribute values? My initial thought would be to simply use the velocity language used to create the LDAP and Database queries. So you'd create a template that evaluated to the argument string for the command.

Can you think of something else?