shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Attribute Resolver Work

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Attribute Resolver Work

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Attribute Resolver Work
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:28:17 -0400

The default behavior marks it dead permanently, never to retry again.

On 5/26/10 1:25 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:
- Improve the relational database connector's connection pooling, in
particular removing the behavior where a database is marked as dead.
However, I'll probably move away from the current pooling library
altogether because it seems to be a dead project and I don't feel
comfortable relying on those.

When you say removing the behavior, do you mean it's currently marking
things dead "permanently", or that it's flagging them for a period of time
and then reactivating them? The former I agree is bad, but the latter I have
found to be fairly important when dealing with unreliable networks or
databases that hang the IdP when they're behaving badly.

(I can't recall if that behavior in 1.3 was from the code or from the
commons pooling library. I think perhaps it was the IdP code itself.)

Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz
trusted identities, delivered