shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] attribute-encoder.xml?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] attribute-encoder.xml?

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] attribute-encoder.xml?
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:42:49 -0500

Yeah, *if* we do this, that's how it would work.

On 2/4/10 4:31 PM, Christopher Bongaarts wrote:
Nate Klingenstein wrote:
Shibbolizers,

An idea struck me while trolling through another
attribute-resolver.xml file and talking to Chad. Would it be better if
attribute encoders were maintained in a separate file, like attribute
filters?

I prefer to have them in the same file, but I'm OK with splitting the
encoder definitions out from inside the attribute definitions. If it
were done the way you propose (and the attribute-encoder.xml is read by
adding a ConfigurationResource to the existing AttributeResolver Service
in services.xml), then Etan and I could have our cake and eat it too by
removing that ConfigurationResource and just including the elements in
the resolver file.

I'd also like the attribute-encoder.xml defaults to be uncommented in
the distribution. Since the corresponding attributes are already
commented out, I can't see any harm from doing so, but it would make
the IdP more approachable to deployers.

No problem with this.

--
Chad La Joie