shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] attribute-encoder.xml?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] attribute-encoder.xml?

  • From: Karsten Huneycutt <>
  • To: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] attribute-encoder.xml?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:27:21 -0500

Hello --

If the goal is ready access to data connector definitions for deployers, why
not break those out into a separate file instead?

My concern with splitting these two definitions apart centers around adding
new attributes to be resolved and having to add this in two separate yet very
coupled files. Plus, these two functions, while not necessarily the same in
code, are logically part of the same attribute definition -- one won't
function without the other.

Is there any way instead to reduce the verbosity of the encoders, and thereby
reduce the "clutter" associated with them?

KH

--
Karsten Huneycutt
ITS Identity Management, UNC Chapel Hill