shibboleth-dev - servlet and library question..

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

servlet and library question..

  • From: "Kevin P. Foote" <>
  • To: shibboleth development <>
  • Subject: servlet and library question..
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:21:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi all, I've entered a jira (SIDP-368) for an enhancement that I'm looking into locally.

Basic jist is to bubble up a more detailed ldap error to the servlet and
thus the login.jsp page when using MSAD as your ldap..

I have some bits working and attached to jira for this. I had to modify
the vt-ldap library a bit to get this to work. I've also emailed Daniel about this a bit. Daniel mentioned this would be much easier in the 3 series
of vt-ldap. And that no modifications would need to be made to the library
itself, all could be done in the servlet at that point.

So my real question for the dev list is two parts, will the IdP be
moving to vt-ldap 3 series any time in the near future? (timeframe).

The second part is ... NEVER MIND JUST FOUND IT.. ... might try playing with vt-ldap 3 sometime..

Daniel hope I got all references you made correct.

------
thanks
kevin.foote